Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blog Post #1 Joe Rosenkranz

  My name Phillip Joe Rosenkranz but i go by Joe (its easier to sigh my pots with Joe than Phillip). I am taking Independent Clay through YVCC. My main focus in Clay is functional pottery that is thrown on the wheel. I am taking this class with my wife who is also a potter (NOT a pooper).
  This quarter i wish to accomplish taller pieces of pottery, 12" or taller. I would also like to work on throwing skinnier pieces or evenly thin pieces throughout the pot. I would like my pots to fill light when you pick them up and strong when you use them. I do enjoy carving on my pots and hope to improve that skill with speed and efficiency (I spent a hole day trying to carve a more then leather hard piece later to just crack it).
  I like to look and admire other artist work to gain inspiration and different ideas on something that i might want to try. I try to see pottery with an open mind (but being a function potter makes it hard sometimes).

2 comments:

  1. you know your wife can read this post...you might not want to call her names.

    I put a link to this on my blog.

    ReplyDelete